||Enquiry interview for the medical facility administrator|
Cancer diagnostics by PET-CT.
Remote gamma therapy in case of central nervous system and brain damage.
Detailed information on the method:
Since February 2013, radiosurgical stereotactic treatment has been carried out at «Gamma Knife» unit at the radiotherapy department of Khanty-Mansiysk District Oncology Center.
District Oncology Center of Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous District - Ugra has a wide range of options to provide up-to-date high-tech care to patients with brain tumors, vascular malformations.
The X-ray department of the Center is a powerful diagnostic and treatment base for the treatment of profile patients (MRI, CT, PET-CT, and SPECT). The unique diagnostic treatment equipment is designed for the integrated use of surgical treatment methods, radiation and chemotherapy.
Doctors of District Oncology Center have been trained in leading Russian and foreign centers.
«Gamma Knife» radiosurgical unit in District Oncology Center is represented by the Perfexion model (manufactured by Elekta), one of the most advanced models installed in Russia.
The advantages of such operation are as follows: simultaneity (compared to radiotherapy), no surgical risks, a high level of conformity, a short period of hospitalization and rehabilitation.
Indications for treatment: benign and malignant neoplasms of the brain up to 3 cubic centimeters; brain metastatic neoplasms; vestibular schwannomas; trigeminal neuralgia.
- Systemic radionuclide therapy of radium (223Ra) with chloride for cancer with distant bone metastases.
Detailed information on the method:
The radiotherapy department of Khanty-Mansiysk District Oncology Center was one of the first in the Russian Federation to introduce a new treatment of castration-resistant prostate cancer with bone metastases using a radiopharmaceutical therapeutic agent - radium chloride 223Ra.
The mechanism of action for the drug radium-223 chloride is its high-energy effect on the bone damage foci with α particles with an ultrashort wavelength (<100 nm).
Radium-223 chloride imitates numerous calcium characteristics, affecting areas of enhanced bone remodeling in and around bone metastases, forming a complex compound with bone mineral - hydroxyapatite.
A high linear value of α particle (80 keV / μm) transfer energy leads to a significant rupture frequency of a double-stranded DNA molecule, causing a cytotoxic effect.
Study results analysis suggests that the use of radium-223 chloride leads to a 30% death risk reduction compared with placebo, as well as to a significant increase in overall survival.
Radium - 223 is included as a therapy for metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer in the Clinical Recommendations of the Russian oncology association, as well as the Russian Society of Urology.
District Oncology Center of Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous District - Ugra has all the opportunities to provide modern high-tech care to cancer patients; it is a powerful diagnostic and treatment base for the treatment of profile patients (MRI, CT, PET-CT, SPECT).
Diagnostic and treatment equipment is designed for combined application of surgical treatment methods, as well as radiation and chemotherapy methods.
- Selective and superselective embolization / chemoembolization of tumor vessels with liver damage.
- Thoracoscopic ablation for atrial fibrillation.
- Minimally invasive surgery for pathology of the cardiovascular system.
- Off-pump coronary artery bypass (OPCAB).
LEARN MORE about the unit:
There is a cardiac surgery department in «District Clinical Hospital», where about 650 operations are performed annually. 300 of these operations are open-heart surgeries, while the rest are endovascular, arrhythmological and other interventions.
Types of open surgeries performed in the department:
- Off-pump coronary artery bypass (OPCAB)
- Remodeling of the left ventricle with post-infarction aneurysms;
- Left ventricular postinfarction aneurysm remodeling;
- Heart valve replacement with modern biological and mechanical prostheses, reconstructive interventions on heart valves;
- Prosthetics of the ascending aorta and the aortic arch;
- Heart tumor surgeries;
- Simultaneous surgery (valve and CABG operations, valve and / or CABG operations combined with radiofrequency and cryoablation for atrial fibrillation);
- Minimally invasive heart valve and coronary artery bypass surgeries;
- Simultaneous operations on heart and lungs in case of coronary heart disease and lung cancer;
- Hybrid and simultaneous surgeries in case of vascular and carotid vascular pool damages;
- Thoracoscopic radiofrequency ablation surgeries with left atrial abalone amputation in case of atrial fibrillation.
The main activities of the department of endovascular diagnostic and treatment methods are:
1. Diagnosis and treatment of vascular pathology, including chronic arterial ischemia treatment of the lower limb, as well as critical lower limb ischemia, diabetic foot syndrome, acute lower limb ischemia, abdominal ischemia syndrome, vasorenal hypertension, etc. Arterial endovascular operations are performed using advanced endovascular devices, drug-eluting stents, and peripheral stent grafts.
2. Neoplasms diagnosis and treatment, including chemoembolization of liver arteries, regional chemotherapy, preoperative embolization of the portal vein before extended hemihepatectomy, percutaneous radiofrequency liver ablation, blood vessels endovascular embolization in case of acute bleeding from tumors.
3. Diagnosis and treatment of acute surgical bleedings and injuries.
4. Diagnosis and treatment of urological pathology - embolization of the seminal veins with varicocele, embolization of prostate gland arteries with microemboli in case of adenoma.
5. Diagnosis and treatment of portal hypertension - transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (TIPS).
6. Gynecological and obstetric pathology diagnosis and treatment - embolization of the uterine arteries with uterine fibroids, preventive temporary balloon occlusion of the aorta to reduce blood loss in case of placenta increta before cesarean section.
7. Catheter technologies for resistant arterial hypertension treatment: renal artery denervation, simultaneous renal artery stenting and renal artery denervation.
Professionals of X-ray endovascular diagnostic and treatment Department have been trained at leading Russian and foreign centers; they are regular participants and speakers at scientific Russian and foreign conference as well as engaged in scientific activities.
- Robotic oncourology assisted by Da vinci system for prostate and kidneys pathology.
Since 2008, «da Vinci» robot-assisted surgical system has been used for minimally invasive treatment carried out in District Clinical Hospital.
Khanty-Mansiysk has become the second city in the Russia, where a similar complex has appeared, and since then it has been widely used in urological practice. Since 2008 there have been 400 related surgical interventions performed in Khanty-Mansiysk.
Doctors of the urology department have been trained in leading Russian and foreign centers. The formation and development of robotic surgery at District Clinical Hospital has allowed patients to receive qualified high-tech medical care according to international standards.
Since 2019, the da Vinci robotic system has been represented by the most up-to-date and most widely used in leading world centers SI modification.
Operation advantages with the use of a robotic system:
- For the patient - minimally invasive, which reduces rehabilitation period, as well as the blood loss risks, shortens the stay at the hospital;
- For surgeons - a high degree of accuracy and a wide movement range, an excellent degree of visualization.
For the first time in Russia, plastic surgery of the ureteropelvic segment has been performed on a robot in District Clinical Hospital.
Currently, in the urology department of District Clinical Hospital in Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug-Ugra, oncological patients can get the specialist advanced care in such nosologies as prostate cancer and kidney cancer.
Morbid obesity treatment with the method of longitudinal (Sleeve) stomach resection.
- Treatment of obesity with endoscopic intragastric balloon placement.
Since March 2014, the department of surgery #2 of District Clinical Hospital in Khanty-Mansiysk has been successfully developing bariatric surgery, which is a branch of medicine aimed at studying the causes, treatment and prevention of morbid obesity and associated diseases: metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Currently, there are many different methods of conservative first-line treatment: diets, drug therapy, exercise therapy and remedial gymnastics; though the results are not always ideal and not always satisfactory for the patient, especially in the long run.
In this case, bariatric surgery being popular for now comes to the rescue.
The results of obesity surgical treatment far exceed conservative treatment methods; it leads to lifestyle improvement and to risk factors reduction of many associated diseases, to metabolic syndrome and Diabetes mellitus Typе II correction.
Currently, the department of surgery № 2 annually, performs up to 100 surgical interventions aimed at combating morbid obesity and Diabetes mellitus Type II.
There are three types of operations which are considered to be the «gold standard» in bariatric surgery :
- endoscopic installation of an intragastric balloon;
- operation longitudinal stomach resection (Sleeve);
- gastric bypass surgery
According to current requirements, all bariatric operations should preferably be performed laparoscopically, which significantly facilitates the postoperative period and reduces the risk of postoperative complications. District Clinical Hospital has all the necessary capabilities to provide modern care to patients with obesity. The department of surgery № 2 specialists have been trained in leading Russian and foreign centers.
- Phacoemulsification treatment of cataracts.
- Intravitreal administration of drugs in retinal pathology treatment.
- Excimer and femtosecond laser surgery for ametropia treatment.
Ophthalmology Center of the District Clinical Hospital is equipped with the most up-to-date diagnostic and surgical appliances, including laser equipment, which makes it possible to perform a wide variety of modern surgical treatment methods for the eye and adnexa diseases.
Ophthalmological center professionals have been trained in leading Russian and foreign centers, including Petah Tikva (Israel), Strasbourg (France).
District Clinical Hospital is fully equipped to provide an advanced, high-tech, assistance to patients suffering from visual apparatus pathology.
The structure of the ophthalmological center includes the following units:
- Outpatient department;
- Medical and diagnostic department;
- Inpatient ward;
- Operation unit.
There are different methods of examination performed in the abovementioned divisions: from routine to high-tech, including diagnostics using coherent tomography, fundus cameras, angiograph, specialized ultrasound machines, functional diagnosis devices.
With the help of an excimer and femtosecond laser, ametropia (myopia, farsightedness, and various types of astigmatism) surgeries are performed almost painlessly and utterly safe.
Inpatient care is represented by a wide list of surgical interventions (more than 2,500 operations annually) aimed at pathologies such as retina and vitreous body disease control (including intravitreal administration of drugs), cataract (the main method is phacoemulsification), strabismus, benign eye neoplasms and adnexa, canalicular obstructions management, eye injuries.